These sweet and spicy meatballs are so tasty, and it doesn’t get much easier than this. Just three ingredients to make this easy small-batch 2-Quart Slow Cooker Sweet & Spicy Meatballs recipe! Double the recipe for the perfect potluck dish.
Slow Cooker Sweet & Spicy Meatball Appetizers
- 24 home-style bite-size frozen meatballs
- 1/2 cups raspberry jam
- 1/3 cup chili garlic sauce
- Add the jam, and sauce to a 2-quart oval slow cooker.
- Add the frozen meatballs and stir to coat.[mv_img
- Cover a cook on high for 3 hours.
Just three easy-to-find ingredients are needed.
- Raspberry Jam – raspberry jam is the secret ingredient to these meatballs. I find it’s milder flavor and lower in sugar than Grape jelly. The Bonne Maman is my go-to brand for jam and preserves.
- Garlic Chili Sauce – my go-to is a fabulous sauce made by Huy Fong Foods. You should be able to find this brand in most chain grocery stores. Another option is Heinz Chili Sauce.
- Frozen Meatballs – pick up a bag in the frozen section, I prefer the homestyle variety. Avoid brands that use large amounts of fillers like breadcrumbs and cellulose.
How to cook the meatballs faster?
Speed up the cooking time by microwaving frozen meatballs per the package instructions and reducing the slow cooker time to 2 hours.
- Place the frozen meatballs, chili sauce, and jam in a 2-quart slow cooker and stir to coat the meatballs.
- Cover and cook on the high setting for 3 hours.
How to keep the meatballs warm during a party.
The easiest way is to keep them in the same slow cooker, just switch to the warm setting. If the slow cooker is going to be out for a long time have some extra sauce to add to the slow cooker to keep the meatballs from drying out.
Other ways to serve Meatballs.
- For a party, I like to insert toothpicks and serve them on a plate.
- For a meal, I love to make meatball sandwiches.
- Tasty served over rice.
Share and enjoy!