Small batch cookie recipes are the perfect way to start baking. uncomplicated cookies recipes that are just enough to share with someone special.
Cookie Baking Tips
- Select a non-stick cookie sheet and if baking gooey cookies, line the cookie sheet with parchment paper. Give the parchment a light coating of vegetable spray like Bak-Klene.
- Use a cookie scoop for uniform-sized cookies so they bake evenly.
- A wide spatula to scoop up the cookies is nice to have.
- Use brown sugar for softer, chewy, and moist cookies.
- Use granulated white sugar when you want a thinner crispy cookie.
- To limit how much the cookie dough spreads in the oven use this tried a true tip: chill the unbaked cookies in the freezer for 15 minutes or so before baking.
- The cookies will be perfectly baked when the edges start to brown, then remove the cookies from the oven and they will continue to set.