Sheet pan dinners are perfect for all of us who cook in a small kitchen. This Baked Brown Sugar Chicken recipe is quick to prep and comes out full of flavor. The recipe speaks for itself , so not much else I can say except use plump fresh bone-in with skin chicken to get the full flavor.
I prefer buying one large chicken breast and slice in half but 2 smaller chicken breast works just as well.
A mildly sweet and crispy crust chicken dish
- 1 large chicken breast bone-in with skin, about 1 to 1.5 pounds
- 4 baby red potatoes, quartered
- 16-18 cherry tomatoes
Brown Sugar Paste
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix the brown sugar, orange juice to make a paste. If needed add additonal brown sugar to get the correct paste consistency.
- Loosen skin of chicken and the rub the brown sugar paste under the skin, rub remaining rub on chicken skin
- In a medium bowl toss the potatoes and tomatoes with a drizzle of olive oil and a dash of salt.
- Line a baking pan with parchment and arrange the chicken breast, potatoes and tomotoes.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 170 degrees.
- Let chicken set for 5 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 678 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 51mg Sodium: 123mg Carbohydrates: 128g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 12g Sugar: 18g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 33g