I do live a great chicken stew. This chicken stew Caribbean style will please the palette. Enjoy this hearty stew any night of the week.
- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen baby spinach
- Chicken Coating
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- pinch of nutmeg
- On a medium size place mix the chicken coating ingredients..
- Cut chicken into 1 inch strips and coat in the spice and herb mixture.
- In a Large skillet add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and cook chicken until well browned. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same skillet add the remaining oil and saute the onion, garlic, and chili sauce.
- Add tomatoes,brown sugar, orange rind,corn, soy sauce, sweet potatoes and the chicken. Cook covered over a medium heat for about 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Uncover and add the spinach and simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
Serve with rice and orange slices.
- Use 1 tablespoon is using fresh thyme
- Use 2 corn cobs if using fresh corn