Blueberry Cream Cheese Pie is an easy and scrumptious dessert. Made with fresh blueberries and dollops of cream cheese then topped with an simple ready made pie crust. This dessert can be put together in minutes and bakes up and on the table in under an hour.
When I make small pie is a baking dish I don't use a bottom crust, just seem like to much crust to berry ratio for my liking. You can certainly make this in a more traditional manner and par bake a bottom crust before adding the berries. My version is more of a Blueberry Piebbler.
No mixers needed here, just a bowl or large measuring cup and a wooden spoon. I like to call this quiet baking because sometimes you just don’t want to pull out a mixer.
This recipe can be made in a small baking dish like mine from Emile Henry or individual ramekins.
- The recipe call for two and a half cups fresh blueberries mainly because I like to have ingredients on hand for easy impromptu baking, however it’s perfectly fine to use fresh blueberries. You can also substitute another berry or combine for a mixed berry cobbler.
- Neufchatel cheese or a low fat cream cheese can be substituted for the two tablespoons of cream cheese. You can omit the cream cheese but it really adds a layer of creamy goodness that makes the blueberry pie over the top yummy.
- The one sheet pre-made pie crust makes this a super simple dessert. However, you can make your favorite pie crust from scratch. If you save pie crust dough scraps, this is a good use for those bits and pieces. Other ways I’ve made this is with a graham cracker crust topping.
- The cornstarch is used to thicken the blueberry filling.
- You can adjust the sweetness of the the pie by adjusting the amount of sugar in the recipe.
- In a large measuring cup add the blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, and squeeze of lemon juice and stir to mix. Let sit while you roll out the crust and preheat the oven.
- Pour the blueberries into a small baking dish and dollop with cream cheese. The cream cheese will melt into the blueberries.
- Roll out the pie crust and cut into strips.
- Create a lattice pattern on top of the blueberries.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 35-40 minutes, or until the crust turn a nice golden brown.
How to serve the pie
Let the pie cool down slightly, if serving warm top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or lemon sorbet. A simple and perfect compliment to blueberry cream cheese pie.
How to store the pie
Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for a couple of days. The blueberry cream cheese pie is best served warm and can be reheated in the oven or microwave.