One of my favorite and healthy snacks is the freshly made easy Bruschetta (pronounced brew~sket~tah) recipe. We made this often in our little restaurant in Broni.
This crowd-pleaser is great for a potluck or a summer backyard gathering. The beauty of the Bruschetta recipe is its tasty simplicity. You must have the best ingredients, especially perfectly ripe tomatoes, and a good quality olive oil otherwise the flavor will be dull.
- Roma tomatoes - the tomatoes must be ripe and remove seeds. If you can't find acceptable Romas the the next best tomato is ripe heirloom cherry tomato.
- Olive oil - use a quality extra virgin olive oil. Since this recipe use raw ingredients you want everything to be the best quality you can find.
- Onion - use yellow or brown onion.
- Fresh basil - it's an important ingredient ,you can find fresh basil easily in the grocery store.
- Garlic powder - I like the extra punch that comes from garlic powder, if you use fresh garlic, mix it in well.
- Crusty bread - use a simple baguette sliced thin and lightly toast for a base for the Bruschetta.
How to Make My Easy Bruschetta Recipe
Just toss all the ingredients in a bowl and you've got the perfect party or potluck appetizer. I prefer making my Bruschetta in the morning and serve in the evening, this gives all the flavors time to mix and develop.
You can also add finely minced olives for a nice flavor.
Don't forget the homemade Crostini
more easy condiments