One of my favorite and healthy snack is freshly made easy Bruschetta (pronounced brew~sket~tah) recipe. we made this often in our little restaurant in Broni. This crowd pleaser is great for a potluck or a summer backyard gathering. The beauty of Bruschetta recipe is its tasty simplicity, just four ingredients and no cooking required. You must have the best ingredients, especially a perfectly ripe tomatoes, and a good quality olive oil otherwise the flavor will be dull.
This crowd pleaser is great for a potluck or a summer backyard gathering.
- 6 ripe Roma tomatoes, remove seeds and dice
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 4-5 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 1 loaf Italian or French crusty bread
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium bowl mix together the tomatoes, red onion, salt, fresh basil, 1/4 cup olive oil and let sit for about thirty minutes giving time for the flavors develop.
- Slice the bread into thin slices, however, you want the bread to be thick enough to hold the topping without falling apart. Place breadslices on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake the bread for several minutes until bread begins to dry out and appears lightly toasted.
- drizzle a little bit of olive oil and pinch of salt on the bread slices.
- Stir the tomato mixture and spoon over the toasted bread.