Easy lemon bars made with a simple graham cracker crust and topped with raspberry jam or fresh raspberries. Another one of those yummy summertime desserts that goes great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and equally as well with a chilled glass of Chardonnay.
With just the two of us at home, I make most desserts on a smaller scale. I baked the lemon raspberry crumble in a Nordic ware 6 X 8 baking sheet.
No need to use a food processor to crush your graham crackers, I use my Mom's technique. Break up the graham crackers into a large Ziploc bag and zip it shut. Use a rolling pin to roll over the bag and pulverize those graham crackers, turning the bag over a few times to get all the pieces crushed fine. I have a mini food processor, but when I make graham cracker crust I like to go old school.
I made a batch of lemon curd to make a lemon meringue pie, but change my mind when I saw I had graham crackers in the pantry and an almost empty jar of raspberry jam. Graham cracker crust is simple and ALWAYS comes out just right. With 8 jars of jam sitting in my fridge, and the raspberry jam almost empty, I decided to incorporate that as well. The outcome is a tasty easy lemon bar with raspberry and a graham cracker crust topped with a scoop of Hagan Daz vanilla ice cream.
The lemon bars also great with fresh raspberries!
An incredible easy lemon bar dessert to make on a whim. All you need are some graham crackers, lemon curd, jam, butter a little cinnamon and sugar.
- 2 cups lemon curd
- ¼ raspberry jam
- 12-14 sheets graham crackers, crushed fine
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- ⅛ cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor crush the graham cracker crust into fine crumbs. Mix in the sugar, cinnamon, and butter then mix until well moistened.
- Press into a 6 X 8 sheet pan, reserve a small amount to sprinkle on top.
- Spoon the lemon curd on top of graham cracker crust.
- Spread a thin layer of raspberry jam on top of lemon layer.
- Sprinkle crushed graham crackers on top and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool and slice in small squares.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 458Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 125mgSodium: 355mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 1gSugar: 43gProtein: 5g
More easy desserts
- Apple Cinnamon Mini Bundt Cakes
- Greek Yogurt Cheesecake with Black Cherry Topping
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cups