A chalet-style stovetop Mac and Cheese recipe for two is made with a combination of Gruyere and Cheddar Cheeses for a tasty and velvety cheese sauce. Truly an easy comfort food meal any time of the year.
Variations of this recipe include adding sauteed onion, or broccoli. Also, for a meaty version toss in a few meatballs, or go minimal with just the mac and cheese.
Don't skip the light browning of the noodles, it does make a difference in the flavor.
Macaroni with a texture like Penne or Cavatappi will give you the maximum cheesy yum with every forkful. This is classic comfort food just enough for two people.
If you really want to Carb load, serve with a hunk of fresh french baguette or skillet cornbread
What you need:
- dried macaroni (cavatappi or elbow)
- cherry tomatoes
- heavy whipping cream
- Gruyère cheese
- white cheddar cheese
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Prepare the macaroni noodles according to package instructions
- Over a medium-low heat In a large skillet heat the olive oil and butter.
- Drain the macaroni (do not rinse) and transfer to the skillet lightly fry until golden brown, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add the tomatoes, lower heat.
- Add the milk, cream, and cheese into the macaroni and mix until well combined, continue cooking and stirring until sauce thickens, about 7 minutes.
- Serve immediately and season to taste and serve.
Super easy and taste so creamy and delicious!
Ready in under 30 minutes.
What is Cavatappi pasta?
Cavatappi means corkscrew in Italian. It has ridges (rigati in Italian) on the surface. Cavatappi is a thick, hollow pasta and made without using eggs.