Easy and creamy this no-bake cheesecake dessert topped with fresh berries. Serve these in half pint wide mouth mason jars or other single serving baking dish.
Perfect easy dessert for anytime of the year, if fresh fruit is not available I use frozen berries or other seasonal fruit. For an alternate and simple topping I use raspberry jam or a lemon curd.
Ginger snap cookies gives this dessert a little extra flavor zing.
Lovely no bake cheesecake dessert that is light and satisfying. The ginger snap cookie crust gives this dessert a little extra zing.
Ginger Snap Crust
- 10 gingersnap cookies
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 ounce cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Break ginger snaps into small pieces and pulse in a food processor or blender until finely ground
- In a medium bowl, mix together crumbs and melted butter. Mix until crumbs are moistened.
- Divide evenly between four (4) half pint wide mouth mason jars. Press on the mixture with your fingers or the bottom of a small glass to compact the crust.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar, and blend until combined and smooth.
- In a small bowl add the heavy cream and whisk until soft peaks are formed.
- Add in the vanilla , lemon juice and whipped heavy cream to the cream cheese mixture. Mix together.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture evenly into each mason jar. Cover lightly and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Top with fresh fruit before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 539 Total Fat: 46g Saturated Fat: 28g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 131mg Sodium: 347mg Carbohydrates: 28g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 17g Protein: 6g