Easy and creamy no-bake cheesecake mousse recipe topped with fresh berries. Serve these in half-pint wide mouth mason jars or another single-serving baking dish.
A perfect simple dessert for any time of the year. If fresh fruit is not available I use frozen berries or other seasonal fruit. For an alternate and simple topping, a raspberry jam or a lemon curd works nicely.
Ginger snap cookies give this mousse a little extra flavor zing or go equally well with a basic graham cracker crust.
What you need to make the Ginger Snap Crust:
10 gingersnap cookies
3 tablespoons butter, melted
What you need to make the filling:
8-ounce cream cheese, room temperature
3/4 cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Make the Crust
- Break ginger snaps into small pieces and pulse in a food processor or blender until finely ground
- In a medium bowl, mix together crumbs and melted butter. Mix until crumbs are moistened.
- Divide evenly between four (4) half-pint wide mouth mason jars. Press on the mixture with your fingers or the bottom of a small glass to compact the crust.
How to Make the Filling
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar, and blend until combined and smooth.
- In a small bowl add the heavy cream and whisk until soft peaks are formed.
- Add in the vanilla, lemon juice and whipped heavy cream to the cream cheese mixture. Mix together.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture evenly into each mason jar. Cover lightly and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Top with fresh fruit before serving.
My tasty Cheesecake Mouse recipe takes just 15 to prepare and should be chilled for about 2 hours before serving.