Love cheesecake like I do? My classic small chocolate chip cheesecake recipe made with ripe bananas and is made with a graham cracker crust and topped with fresh bananas. Enjoy a slice with a cup of espresso after dinner.
- Graham crackers- plain old graham crackers are best for this recipe. Stay away from the sugar-coated ones.
- Butter- most of the time I use salted butter, it's not going to make or break your crust.
- Cream cheese- I'm a Philadelphia cream cheese girl, but have also use Nuetfesal or reduced-fat cream cheese with very good results.
- Bananas & Strawberries - look for perfectly ripe fruit. If the strawberries are out of season you can skip or substitute another bruit like blackberry or blueberries.
- Vanilla extract - you can also substitute a vanilla paste.
- Orange juice - fresh squeezed or from the bottle is okay.
- Chocolate chips - just use your favorite, for me it's either Ghiradelli or Guitard. I've also used the Good & Gather brand from Target
- Sugar- I used granulated white sugar. You can also substitute a light brown sugar or even do a mix of the two.
Instructions for Graham Cracker Crust
Prepare a five-inch springform pan by lightly spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
Add the graham crackers to a blender or food processor and process until you have fine crumbs. If you don't have a food process try the rolling pin method.
In a small mixing bowl add the crumbs and melted butter and mix until well moistened.
Spoon crumbs into the Springform pan and tap down until well compacted
Cheesecake Filling Instructions
Preheat oven to 300 degrees, if using a toaster oven preheat at 275 degrees.
In a medium bowl using a hand mixer on-low setting, add the cream cheese and sugar and blend until smooth and creamy.
Add the orange juice and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
Fold in the mini semi-sweet chocolate chips.
In a small bowl mash ½ banana and add mix into the cream cheese mixture.
Spoon mixture into the prepared five-inch Springform pan.
Place pan on a cookie sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes or until top of cheesecake is set and just barely beginning to brown.
Remove from oven and cool for one hour before removing from Springform pan. Run a knife around the edges before release the Springform. Run a wide metal spatula under the crust to transfer to a serving plate.
Chill for 3-4 hours. Top with remaining bananas right before serving.
Can you freeze cheesecake?
Yes, the cheesecake should already be chilled and set before freezing. Place a piece of plastic wrap on a dish and then transfer the cake to the dish. Wrap tightly with the plastic wrap. Place another layer of plastic wrap around the cake and dish, then cover with two layers of aluminum foil.
You can also freeze individual slices the same way, wrap in plastic wrap then cover in aluminum foil.
Thaw at room temperature for a couple of hours before serving.
If you enjoyed my chocolate chip cheesecake the try No Bake Cheesecake Mousse Dessert