This recipe will no doubt become your go-to cheesecake recipe. My mom first made this when I was a child and dubbed it the ” Easiest Cheesecake Recipe Ever “.
If you don’t have a springform pan, no problem, you can bake this in an 8 inch pie plate, tart pan or small casserole dish. If using a dish without removable sides just line you pan with parchment paper on bottom and up over the sides of the pan and after cooling the cheesecake should easily lift out. Another way to make this cheesecake is in a muffin tin or individual cupcakliners, just remember to adjust the cooking time so you don’t overbake. Also you can split the recipe and use two small 4 inch springform pans. Enjoy one and freeze or gift the other.
This truly is one of the easiest cheesecake recipes!
- 2 cups graham cracker, ground fine about 10 graham cracker sheets
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter melted
- 16 ounces 2-8 ounce packages cream cheese , room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter and mix until all ingredients are combined and the crumbs are moist.
- Spoon the crumbs into an 8-inch springform pan and press along the bottom. Tap the crumbs down until compact.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl add the cream cheese and sugar and mix on low speed until cream cheese is smooth. Cream cheese needs to be at room temperature; otherwise, the mixture will be lumpy.
- Add the eggs, orange juice, and vanilla and mix until well combined and mixture has a smooth consistency. Do not over mix.
- Place the springform pan on a baking sheet and spoon the cream cheese mixture into the pan.
- Place the cheesecake in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Check for doneness by inserting a digital thermometer about 1½ inches from the edge. The internal cheesecake temperature should be between 165 and 170 degrees. The middle of the cheesecake will wobble a little when the pan is tapped or lightly shaken.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about an hour before covering and refrigerating. Chill for several hours before serving.
Cheesecake is also great topped with fruit jam or fresh fruit. Cheesecake can be refrigerated for 2-3 days making this a great make-ahead dessert.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 498 Total Fat: 32g Saturated Fat: 17g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 123mg Sodium: 436mg Carbohydrates: 46g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 24g Protein: 8g