Sometimes you get a late start and don't have time to cooks the chicken or wait 6-8 hours for dinner to be ready. This easy small slow cooker chicken divan recipe is pure comfort food for any night of the week.
broccolli florets: use fresh broccoli and cut into large florets.
lemon juice: use fresh if available or use lemon concentrate
onion: chop a brown or yellow onion
cream of mushroom soup: not everyone likes mushroom so you can substitute cream of broccoli
bell pepper: cut the red bell peppers in half then into thin strips
precooked chicken breast: a larger chicken breast is almost always enough to feed two people. If you want more chicken then use a larger slow cooker so not to overfill.
light whipping cream: this give the sauce a creamy velvety texture. To save on fat you can also use a low-fat milk or even water, however the sauce won;t be quit as rich
gruyere cheese: the cheese melts well and has a delicate flavor, Swiss cheese can be substituted. If you have Swiss cheese slices, just slice uber thin to get that shredded consistency.
- In a bowl toss the broccoli with the lemon juice to coast and add to the bottom of a small 2-quart slow cooker.
- Next add the onions bell peppers, and chopped chicken.
- In a bowl or measuring cup mix the mushroom soup, cream, and shredded cheese together and pour over the chicken
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours until thoroughly heated.
- Stir and serve over rice.
What to serve with Chicken Divan
My Chicken Divan recipe is great over rice or egg noodles. Leftovers are also great over toast.
Try my other 2-quart slow cooker recipes.