The paprika balances out the delicate natural sweetness of these yummy sheet pan roasted carrots with a slightly caramelized outside and tender inside. Take your carrots to the next level with this easy recipe for any night of the week.
- Carrots – 2 small to medium carrots can be sliced thick or cut into lengthwise strips or use fingerling or baby carrots.
- Seasonings – Salt, pepper, and Smoked Paprika or Spanish Paprika compliments the delicate sweetness of the carrots.
- Olive oil – Use a good extra virgin olive oil.
Other ways to season oven roasted carrots recipe include sprinkling with brown sugar or glazing with maple syrup.
How to Make Baked Paprika Carrots
Preheat the oven to 425° and slice the fresh carrots.
Add the carrots, oil, and seasoning into a medium bowl, and toss coat the carrot slices.
Arrange the carrots on a parchment lined baking sheet. My most used is this jelly roll pan made by USA Pan.
Bake the carrots for 20 minutes in a 425° oven. When done remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh cilantro or parsley.
- Serve as a side dish with chicken, steak, meatloaf, or pork chops.
- Add some roasted tomatoes and a baked potato for a light meal.
No, just cut the tops off and wash well. Unpeeled roasted carrots have a nice texture and carrot skin gets a little wrinkled with a chewy outside and a creamy tender inside.
Make a dinner of side dishes!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon smoked Paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ ground black pepper
- 1 carrots
- 2 teaspoon fresh cilantro chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425°
- Slice carrots lengthwise strips.
- Place the carrots and other ingredients into a medium-sized bowl and toss to coat.
- Arrange the carrots in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 425° for a total of 20 minutes, stirring and turning after 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh Cilantro