What to do with leftover pumpkin pie puree? Make this delicious, creamy, and easy single-serving pumpkin pie. You can use a refrigerated pie crust or make my rustic pie crust for one and bake up this creamy pumpkin pie recipe for one.
If you enjoy this recipe, here are more dessert recipes for one, and don't skip my fresh cherry pie for one or a creamy banana pie for one
- Pumpkin Puree - My got is Libby's Pure Pumpkin Puree, don't use pumpkin pie filling.
- Sugar - Use plain granulated sugar or you could use a combination of white and brown sugars.
- Egg - Use the smallest egg in the carton.
- Milk - Whole milk or cream makes the best pie! I don't recommend using condensed milk.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice - I mix my own as needed with ground cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and salt. I don't use cloves in my mix and like to adjust the seasoning to my own personal preference. You can also use a premixed pumpkin pie spice.
(Note: please see the recipe card at the bottom of the post for the complete written instructions.)
Start by preheating the oven to 325°.
In a medium bowl combine all ingredients and stir to mix well.
Use a small spatula to mix well until you have a nice creamy consistency.
Line a 4-inch pie pan with the store bought refrigerated or homemade pie crust. Gently press into the crust into the pan. I used a homemade pie crust for a rustic look.
Spoon or pour the pumpkin filling mixture into the unbaked pie crust. Place the pie pan on a small baking sheet and bake at 325°F for 40-45 minutes.
Let cool for about 10 minutes and refrigerate for 2 hours. Dollop a little whipped cream on top before serving.
Mini Pumpkin Pie: Frequently Asked Questions
I don't recommend it when making a small pie and I personally like the flavor of using a canned pumpkin puree. If you want to give it try it takes a bit of work. "The Cookful" blog has a great post on how to prepare a fresh pumpkin for a pie.
Insert a toothpick into the middle of the pie and when removed it should be mostly clean. The pumpkin filling will continue to cook as it cools.
I would love to know what you thought of this recipe. I'd sincerely appreciate it if you would take a moment to leave a comment and rating below! You can also find me on Pinterest, Facebook, and my YouTube channel.
- ¼ sheet of refrigerated pie crust
- ⅓ cup 100% Pumpkin Puree
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 dash allspice
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Line a 4-inch pie or tart pan with the store bought refrigerated or homemade pie crust. Gently press into the crust into the pan.
- In a medium bowl combine all ingredients and stir to mix well.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the unbaked pie crust.
- Place the pie on a small baking sheet and bake at 325°F for 40-45 minutes.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 992Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 29gCholesterol: 187mgSodium: 934mgCarbohydrates: 121gFiber: 8gSugar: 35gProtein: 18g
The nutritional information provided here are estimates and are not calculated by a registered dietitian.