What to do with leftover pumpkin pie puree? Make this delicious, creamy, and easy single-serving pumpkin pie. You can use a refrigerated pie crust or make my rustic pie crust for one and bake up this creamy pumpkin pie recipe for one.
¼ sheet of refrigerated pie crust
⅓ cup 100% Pumpkin Puree
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ginger
⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
1 dash allspice
pinch of salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon milk
- Pumpkin Puree – My got is Libby’s Pure Pumpkin Puree, don’t use pumpkin pie filling.
- Sugar – Use plain granulated sugar or you could use a combination of white and brown sugars.
- Egg – Use the smallest egg in the carton.
- Milk – Whole milk or cream makes the best pie! I don’t recommend using condensed milk.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – I mix my own as needed with ground cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and salt. I don’t use cloves in my mix and like to adjust the seasoning to my own personal preference. You can also use a premixed pumpkin pie spice.
(Note: please see the recipe card at the bottom of the post for the complete written instructions.)
Start by preheating the oven to 325°.
In a medium bowl combine all ingredients and stir to mix well.
Use a small spatula to mix well until you have a nice creamy consistency.
Line a 4-inch pie pan with the store-bought refrigerated or homemade pie crust. Gently press the crust into the pan. I used a homemade pie crust for a rustic look.
Spoon or pour the pumpkin filling mixture into the unbaked pie crust. Place the pie pan on a small baking sheet and bake at 325°F for 40-45 minutes.
Let cool for about 10 minutes and refrigerate for 2 hours. Dollop a little whipped cream on top before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
I don’t recommend it when making a small pie and I personally like the flavor of using a canned pumpkin puree. If you want to give it try it takes a bit of work. “The Cookful” blog has a great post on how to prepare a fresh pumpkin for a pie.
Insert a toothpick into the middle of the pie and when removed it should be mostly clean. The pumpkin filling will continue to cook as it cools.
Pumpkin Pie for One
- ¼ sheet of refrigerated pie crust
- ⅓ cup 100% Pumpkin Puree
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 dash allspice
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Line a 4-inch pie or tart pan with the store bought refrigerated or homemade pie crust. Gently press into the crust into the pan.
- In a medium bowl combine all ingredients and stir to mix well.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the unbaked pie crust.
- Place the pie on a small baking sheet and bake at 325°F for 40-45 minutes.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.