Green Bean casseroles and Thanksgiving go hand in hand, but add some chicken chunks and you’ve got an everyday meal. Instead of cream of mushroom soup you can substitute cream of broccoli soup. Also great made with fresh or frozen string beans. The green bean and chicken casserole is a great make ahead freezer meal.
How To Make Green Bean and Chicken Casserole
Cook the rice and add all the ingredients except the cheese in the cooked rice and mix together. Spoon into the baking dish and sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook. It doesn’t get much easier.
A couple of cooking tips.
- Buy already cooked chicken from the deli section of your grocery store.
- This is a great dish to use up leftover thanksgiving Turkey.
- If using s frozen green beans, don’t thaw before cooking.
- If using fresh green beans, par boil before mixing into the casserole.
- If using canned cut green beans, rinse before cooking.
A blast from the past! Green Bean Casserole is a classic holiday side dish, when adding the chicken and you have a tasty one dish meal.
- 1/3 cups uncooked rice
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can cut green beans, drained
- 1/3 cup onions, diced
- 1/3 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/2 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby cheese
- 1/3 cup dried onions, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare rice to package instructions.
Add all ingredients except the cheese and dried onion into the rice and mix together.
Spoon into an 8 X 8 baking dish and sprinkle cheese on top
Lightly cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for 20 -25 minutes.
Uncover and sprinkle the dried onion on top and bake another 5 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 359 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 78mg Sodium: 745mg Carbohydrates: 26g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 23g