Green Bean casseroles and Thanksgiving go hand in hand, but add some chicken chunks and you've got an everyday meal. Instead of cream of mushroom soup you can substitute cream of broccoli soup. Also great made with fresh or frozen string beans. The green bean and chicken casserole is a great make ahead freezer meal.
How To Make Green Bean and Chicken Casserole
Cook the rice and add all the ingredients except the cheese in the cooked rice and mix together. Spoon into the baking dish and sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook. It doesn't get much easier.
A couple of cooking tips.
- Buy already cooked chicken from the deli section of your grocery store.
- This is a great dish to use up leftover thanksgiving Turkey.
- If using s frozen green beans, don't thaw before cooking.
- If using fresh green beans, par boil before mixing into the casserole.
- If using canned cut green beans, rinse before cooking.
Try with some homemade bread