My Chicken Divan Recipe has succulent chicken smothered in a cream of chicken soup mixed with frozen broccoli. This is a quick dinner for one that’s great served over rice and with a simple salad.
This scrumptious casserole is so easy to make and tastes wonderful! I also have a slightly different recipe for Chicken Divan made in a slow cooker, or try a mini chicken and green bean casserole.
❤️ What to love about this recipe
- The recipe uses precooked chicken and the ingredients are mixed together, baked, and served in the same dish, with less cleanup!
- My chicken divan casserole is creamy, easy and so delicious.
- This individual casserole recipe can easily be doubled to share or freeze for later.
✔ Main Ingredients Notes
The full list of ingredients and quantities is found in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Chicken Breast: Use a precooked chicken or leftover Thanksgiving Turkey
- Broccoli florets: Frozen florets are quick and easy; if you use fresh broccoli, then you will need to blanch them first.
- Cream Cheese: The cream cheese should be at room temperature, so it mixes easily. If you don’t have time to wait, soften in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Cream of Chicken Soup: Campbell makes small 7.5-ounce cans of soups that are perfect for this casserole. I always have a few cans in the pantry for a quick casserole.
- Onion Powder and Garlic Powder: This is all the seasoning you need for this simple chicken divan recipe
✎ Step-by-Step Recipe Directions
Step One: Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray a 5 x 5-inch or 3/4-quart baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
Step Two: Add the chicken, broccoli, cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, and cream of chicken soup and mix them in the baking dish. Stir to mix.
Step Three: Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes.
✎ Recipe Notes and Cooking Tips
- Use only fresh or frozen broccoli. Canned broccoli will not have the same texture or flavor.
- Use a precooked chicken or fully cook the chicken before adding it to the casserole. Otherwise, the chicken will not be cooked properly.
- Use a low-sodium chicken broth so the salt doesn’t overpower the dish; if you can use a homemade broth, even better.
This post contains affiliate links that won’t change your price but I may be paid a small commission which helps fund this blog.
- Serve chicken divan either over rice, with mashed potatoes.
- Homemade biscuits are a great accompaniment to this recipe.
📌How to Store Leftovers
Store covered in the refrigerator for up to two days or freeze for up to two months. When freezing the casserole, make sure the dish is freezer safe and tightly wrapped.
？Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, mix in the casserole dish, cover tightly and store in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking. You can also freeze the unbaked casserole for up to two months.
More Easy Chicken Recipes for One
Single Serving Chicken Divan Casserole
- 6 ounces cooked chicken breast skinless and cubed
- ¼ cup frozen broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese room temperature
- ¾ cup cream of chicken soup
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- pinch garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray a 5 x 5-inch or 3/4-quart baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Add the chicken, broccoli, cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, and cream of chicken soup and mix them in the baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes.
- Use precooked chicken breast for quick prep of the cooked chicken.
- Microwave the cream cheese for about 10 seconds so it is very soft and easily mixes into the sauce.