I keep Tzatziki sauce in the refrigerator almost always during the summer, it’s great for dipping sliced vegetables and as a topping for fish. Made with fresh cucumbers and Greek yogurt this dip is so easy to make and perfect to make ahead.
If you have leftover cucumbers, try this refreshing polish cucumber salad.
Cucumber: This is the most time-consuming part of making the sauce, it should be peeled, grated, and then press out any excess water
Yogurt: Greek yogurt is the go-to for the Tzatziki sauce, you want the thickness of greek yogurt,
Garlic: Garlic paste or fresh pressed garlic can be used. If using a paste I like the Gourmet Garden brand.
Fresh Herbs: Do not use any dried herbs. Use fresh dill and fresh mint leaves.
Lemon juice: Use freshly squeezed lemon juice. In my opinion, bottled lemon juice or concentrate imparts a weird flavor.
How to Prepare the Tzatziki Sauce
- The most time-consuming part of preparing a Tzatziki sauce is grating the cucumber. Use a box grater to peel the cucumber.
- In a medium bowl mix all the ingredients together and stir.
- Chill until ready to serve
First, peel the cucumber then slice in half lengthwise. To easily remove the seeds simply run a knife down the row of seeds.
Another favorite dip is classic easy Bruschetta or my baked spinach artichoke dip recipes.
There are so many great ways to serve Tzatziki sauce.
- A smear on a cheese sandwich
- Vegetable dip
- Green salad dressing
- Dollop on fish
Other easy homemade condiment recipes
- ½ hothouse cucumber peeled and grated
- 1 7 ounce container of Fage Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon fresh dill minced
- ½ tablespoon fresh mint minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- dash of sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Carefully drain the excess water from the cucumber and pat with a towel to remove any extra moisture.½ hothouse cucumber peeled and grated
- Add cucumber into a medium-sized bowl and the seas salt and pepper.dash of sea salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Mix in yogurt, garlic, dill, mint, lemon juice, salt, and pepper and stand for ten minutes and stir in the olive oil.1 7 ounce container of Fage Greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon garlic paste, ½ teaspoon fresh dill, ½ tablespoon fresh mint, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Stir the mixture and transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle any leftover mint and dill on top.