Small batch desserts are perfect for the smaller household and these fudgy chocolate cookies make the perfect amount for two people. Be ready to satisfy your cookie craving by keeping your favorite semi-sweet chocolate bars on hand. Homemade cookies ready to enjoy in thirty minutes, faster than running to the store!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line a sheet pan or cookie sheet with parchment paper
- In a small bowl break 1/2 of the chocolate bar into small chunks and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl break up the remaining piece and microwave until just melted. Stir until the chocolate is smooth. Add in the butter and mix.
- Add the sugar, salt, and baking soda, until well mixed.
- Next, add the egg and stir until well blended
- Add the flour and mix well. The batter will be stiff.
- Stir in the vanilla and fold in the remaining chocolate pieces.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons per cookie on the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Make 8 medium cookies, just enough for two people on one person with a really big sweet tooth.
Tips for making these Fudgy Chocolate Cookies
Make sure your oven is accurate, test with an oven thermometer.
Don't over bake the cookies, you want the cookies to be just a tad underbaked. Over baking will result in dry cookies.
Let the cookies cool down a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack, so they don't break or lose shape.
For an evenly sized cookie use a small scoop like this small stainless steel scoop.
Check out a few more of my small batch desserts: