Small batch desserts are perfect for the smaller household and these chocolate fudge cookies make the perfect amount for two or three people. Be ready to satisfy your cookie craving by keeping your favorite semi-sweet chocolate bars on hand. Yes! homemade cookies ready to enjoy in thirty minutes, faster than running to the store!
These cookies are fully of gooey chocolatey goodness on the inside and just bit of a crisp on the outside!
Why you should make this recipe
Every once in a while you come across an almost no-fail recipe and this chocolate fudge cookie recipe fits the bill! My husband said these are better than any bakery cookie he has tasted, and I so humbly agree. You can keep these simple ingredients on hand for those midnight cookie baking sessions.
Semi-sweet chocolate – I use a chocolate bar, but you could use chips instead.
All-Purpose Flour –
Unsalted Butter – many people only keep salted butter on hand and that’s fine , just cut the added salt in half.
Vanilla extract – Vanilla paste can be substituted.
Sugars- A combination of brown and white sugar gives this cookie the perfect sweetness.
Baking soda – The baking soda is the leavening agent, if you only have baking powder then double the amount used.
Egg – Diving an egg can be tricky so I sometimes use liquid eggs in the carton.
Salt – Use a fine kosher salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a sheet pan or cookie sheet with parchment paper
In a small bowl break 1/2 of the chocolate bar into small chunks and set aside.
In a microwave-safe bowl break up the remaining piece and microwave until just melted. Stir until the chocolate is smooth. Add in the butter and mix.
Add the sugar, salt, and baking soda, until well mixed.
Next, add the egg and stir until well blended
Add the flour and mix well. The batter will be stiff.
Stir in the vanilla and fold in the remaining chocolate pieces.
Scoop 2 tablespoons per cookie on the cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Make 8 medium cookies, just enough for two people or one person with a really big sweet tooth.
- Make sure your oven is accurate, test with an oven thermometer.
- Don’t over bake the cookies, you want the cookies to be just a tad underbaked. Over baking will result in dry cookies.
- Let the cookies cool down a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack, so they don’t break or lose shape.
- For an evenly sized cookie use a small scoop like this small stainless steel scoop.
Check out a few more of my small batch desserts:
Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Very Fudgy Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 4-ounce bar semi sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 + 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line a sheet pan or cookie sheet with parchment paper
- In a small bowl break 1/2 of the chocolate bar into small chunks and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl break up the remaining pieces and microwave until just melted. Stir until the chocolate is smooth. Add in the butter and mix.
- Add the sugar, salt, and baking soda, until well mixed.
- Next add the egg and stir until well blended
- Add the flour and mix well. The batter will be stiff.
- Stir in the vanilla and fold in the remaining chocolate pieces.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons per cookie on the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Make 8 medium cookies, just enough for two people.