Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is so easy to make and this recipe turns out great every time. Just remember to always check your oven temperature to confirm you have an accurate temperature reading. I know my oven runs 25 degrees cold so I adjust the temperature to compensate for the difference.
The Banana Bread can be frozen for a couple of months. I slice and vacuum seal individual slices for my Banana Bread fix. Warm Banana Bread with a cup of coffee on a lazy Sunday afternoon is elegant little treat.
Banana Bread is classified as a Quick Bread. I fell in love with baking quick breads in the 5th grade during a home economics class, yikes I’m really dating myself! The first quick bread I ever made was Swedish Tea Ring and I knew right then that I loved to bake.
A moist and easy dessert. Taste great with your morning coffee.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large ripe bananas mashed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan and line bottom with parchment paper.
- In a medium size bowl mash the bananas and add the water.
- In a separate medium bowl cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time, to the creamed sugar and butter and mix well.
- In a large bowl mix the flour,baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Ad the creamed butter and sugar to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Add the mashed bananas to the flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour in the prepared loaf pan and bake in a 325 degrees preheated oven for about one hour. Use a toothpick or cake tester to check the banana bread for doneness.
- Let cool then remove from pan to serve. Run a knife around the edges of the pan to loosen and remove. The parchment paper on the bottom of the pan will make the loaf release easily.
Sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top of batter for an extra chocolatey banana bread.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases. Any commission earned will not increase the cost to the buyer.