This super easy Classic Deviled Eggs recipe is a great potluck dish. Make a single batch for at home snacks or a double batch for an office potluck.
Below is a classic simple recipe, you can easily mix up by adding dijon mustard to the egg mixture or try mixing in a few herbs or spices.
Simple Ingredients needed to make deviled eggs.
apple cider vinegar
- Place eggs in a single layer in a medium saucepan and cover with water so the eggs are entirely underwater. Bring water to boil and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes, then cover the saucepan and remove from heat. Let sit for 15 minutes to let the eggs fully cook.
- When cooked, while the eggs are still in the water, tap with a spoon to lightly crack the shells. Run cold water over the eggs and peel.
- Rinse the peeled eggs with cool water to remove any shell pieces sticking the egg white and pat dry.
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise. Use a teaspoon to carefully scoop out the cooked yolk into a medium bowl.
- Use a fork to mash the cooked yolks into a fine crumble.
- Add the mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, ½ teaspoon of paprika and mix until you have a creamy texture.
- Place the egg whites on a serving platter and spoon the yolk mixture into the egg whites.
- Sprinkle with remaining paprika and serve.