My 2-quart slow Cooker Spicy Chili recipe is easy to throw together and a classic comfort food meal. You can adjust the recipe with a few extra spices or substitutions to create your own personal taste twist.
Looking for something meatless, try my tasty slow cooker veggie chili recipeYum
- 1 (14.5-oz) diced tomatoes
- 1(15-oz)cans kidney beans
- 1 (5-oz) can tomato sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ¼ green bell pepper, minced
- ½ pounds ground beef
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- Turn on the slow cooker to preheat while preparing ingredients.
- Add the kidney beans, drained, diced tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce, chili powder, garlic sauce, and minced garlic to a 2-quart slow cooker.
- In a medium-sized skillet heat the olive oil and saute the green pepper and onion for 2-3 minutes and then add them to the slow cooker.
- In the same skillet brown the ground beef, drain off the excess grease and add the browned beef to the slow cooker. Stir gently to mix the ingredients.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on a low setting for 5-6 hours.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 341Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 599mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 8gSugar: 5gProtein: 28g
The nutritional information provided here are estimates and are not calculated by a registered dietitian.
Turn on the slow cooker to preheat while preparing the ingredients.
Add the drained kidney beans, diced tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce, chili powder, garlic sauce, and minced garlic to a 2-quart slow cooker.
In a medium-sized skillet heat the olive oil and saute the green pepper and onion for 2-3 minutes and then add them to the slow cooker.
In the same skillet brown the ground beef, drain off any excess grease, and add the browned beef to the slow cooker.
Stir gently to mix the ingredients. Cover the slow cooker and cook on a low setting for 5-6 hours.
📖Substitutions and Variations
This chili is spicy and you can feel the heat. If you think it might be a little too spicy then reduce the chili powder and chili sauce. If you want your Chili to ignite a fire in your mouth then add a few red pepper flakes or a pinch of cayenne.
You can substitute ground turkey with great results.
Sometimes I substitute spicy Chili beans or black beans for a little variety.
🍴Slow Cooker Chili Recipe Prep
Sometimes the mood strikes and to make sure you have everything you need for last-minute Chili craving keep the following on hand:
- Freeze ground beef in ½ pound portions.
- Chop onions and green peppers and freeze in Ziploc bags.
- Stock a variety of beans for the Chili recipe.
- Stock canned tomatoes in the pantry.
- Chili Sauce has a long shelf life to keep some in the pantry.
- Never run out of Chili Powder!
💭Can You Freeze Chili?
Yes, let it cool down a bit, then freeze the Chili in single servings in a Ziploc bag. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and when ready to serve heat it up in the microwave or saucepan.
In a hurry? Try my stovetop classic chili for two in a dutch oven.