This is an extra easy Crockpot Veggie Chili made in a 3-quart slow cooker. This chili recipe ready in about 6 hours and is the perfect amount for a small household. A hearty meal without any meat. Serve a hot bowl of chili with homemade cornbread or warm buttered tortillas.
- During the last hour of cooking add in shredded pre-cooked chicken.
- If you prefer a little beefy flavor, add in beef fat instead of meat. The Better than Bouillon Beef base works great.
- If you want a super hot chili then add more chili sauce or a few inches of cayenne powder.
- Replace the kidney beans with spicy chili beans.
The wonderful thing about slow cooker or crockpot chili is you just toss in the ingredients, cover, and cook on low for at least 5 hours for the best flavor.
I love my 3 quart Crockpot by Magnolia Home from Target. It really is the perfect size for cooking for two with a little leftover for lunch the next day.
Can I make this on the Stovetop?
Yes! If you don't have the time and want a quick meal then you can also make this on the stovetop in less than an hour.
- In a dutch oven or heavy bottom pan, saute the onion and peppers.
- Add the remaining ingredient and cook on low for 45-60 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Stir occasionally.
If you enjoy my crockpot veggie chili then try my 2 quart spicy slow cooker chili
Visit A Weekend Cooks Small Kitchen Store for great recommendations on the best products to use when cooking in your small kitchen and whipping up recipes for two.