This toaster oven chocolate fudge cake recipe is so easy and turns out great every time. Moist and rich cake tastes even better topped with slices of fresh fruit, ice cream, or whipped cream.
- Chocolate Chips - Guittard is my go-to for chocolate baking chips. Semi-sweet chips in either dark or milk chocolate work great.
- Butter - use real butter, salted.
- Flour - use a basic all-purpose flour. My preference is King Arthur but any all-purpose does the job.
- Espresso Powder - if you don't have this, you can leave it out. The expresso powder bumps up the chocolate taste and King Arthur flour makes a nice product and it's inexpensive.
- Vanilla Extract - My kitchen has the classic McCormick's vanilla extract just like my Mom baked with. To bump it up try using a vanilla paste substituting 1:1.
- Eggs - large eggs
- You can make these in individual tartlet pans or in a springform pan
There are only a few ingredients in the recipe so use the best quality chocolate that's within your budget.
Melt chocolate and butter in the microwave using 15-20 second intervals stirring in between. My microwave is a small 750-watt version and it takes me 2 minutes using 20-second intervals to completely melt the chocolate. Make sure all the chocolate is melted and smooth.
If your a fan of fudgy and easy desserts check out my Fudgy Chocolate Cookies Recipe
Don't skip spraying the sides of the tart pans with Bak-Kleen or another non-stick baking spray, otherwise, the cakes might stick making it more difficult to remove from the pans.
Can I make this recipe is a regular oven?
Yes, increase the heat to 425 degrees, you may need to bake for a 2-5 minutes longer depending on your oven.
My toaster oven is the Breville Smart Oven and it's amazing. I can cook everything from toast to roasts.
Check out these other tasty treats