Moist and creamy raspberry cream cheese muffins are perfect for any time you want an elegant and easy morning treat or scrumptious dessert.
Main Ingredients for the Muffins
- All-purpose flour - Gold Medal, King Arthur it all works. 🙂
- Baking powder - my go-to brand is Bakewell Cream, whenever I pull the canister I get a nostalgic feel.
- Baking soda- if you have a big box of baking soda around and you haven't used in a while test it first. Whenever I open a new box of baking powder I fill a small mason jar, date it, and tightly cover for use in my baked goods.
- Butter - I tend to use salted butter, if you use unsalted butter then add more salt to the recipe.
- Sugar - granulated white sugar
- Egg - basic large egg
- Greek yogurt - Fage 0% is what I used for this recipe, you can also substitute sour cream at 1:1 ratio.
- Vanilla extract - use pure vanilla extract, my go-to brand is classic McCormicks brand.
Start by mixing together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and set aside.
Next, cream the butter and sugar and add the vanilla and egg and mix until well combined.
Slowly add the creamed butter to to the flour mixture alternating with the greek yogurt.
To make the cream cheese topping, put the the cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl and use a hand mixer on medium speed and mix until creamy. Set aside.
In a separate small bowl combine brown sugar, flour and chilled butter. Use a fork to blend until the mixture is in crumbly pieces.
Transfer the batter into the prepared muffin pan filling each well half full, any fuller and the batter will spill over the muffin tin.
Spread the cream cheese filling on top and place raspberries onto the cream cheese filling and gently press the raspberries into the cream cheese.
Sprinkle the Streusel on top of raspberries. Streusel is a crumbly topping of flour, butter, and sugar that is usually sprinkled and baked on top of muffins, breads, pies, and cakes.
Bake in preheated 350 degree Toaster Oven for 20-25 minutes or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
This recipe can also be baked in a 6-inch cake pan.
If using frozen raspberries thaw and rinse the berries and let them dry out a little before topping your muffins.
Ingredients at room temperature help the muffins to form a smooth batter that traps air and expands when heated in the oven and this makes your muffins fluffy and light.
To quickly bring cream cheese to room temperature
- cut into smaller pieces and spread out on a plate. Let sit at room temperature for about 15-20 minutes.
- Another way is to fill a bowl with warm water and submerge the foil-covered cream cheese in the water.
If you want to make scones even easier try my basic drop scones recipe.
How to Store Muffins
The muffins store well in the fridge for up to 3 days. I love these cold but to softened up zap in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.
If you don't think you will eat these up within a couple days then wrap in plastic wrap and and freeze for up to one month. I'm sure they will stay good in the freezer for longer but I've never been able to keep my hands off of these muffins for more than a month.
Creamy moist and delicious raspberry cream cheese muffins.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter- softened
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Topping
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 oz. cream cheese-softened
- 1 package fresh raspberries (28-30) washed and drained on a paper towel
- 3 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 tablespoon butter-chilled and cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees .
- Line a 6 well muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside
- Rinse and drain the raspberries and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and set aside.
- In separate bowl use a hand mixer on low speed to cream the butter and sugar together. Add the vanilla and egg and mix until well combined
- Slowly add the creamed butter to to the flour mixture alternating with the yogurt.
Cream Cheese Topping
- In a medium bowl add the cream cheese and sugar. Use a hand mixer on medium speed and mix until creamy and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, flour and chilled butter. Use a fork to blend until the mixture is in crumbly pieces.
Putting in Together
- Transfer the batter into the prepared muffin pan filling each well half full, any fuller and the batter will sill over the muffin tin.
- Spread the cream cheese filling on top.
- Place raspberries onto cream cheese filling.gently press the raspberries into the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle the Streusel on top of raspberries.
- Bake at 350 degrees in Toaster Oven for 20-25 minutes or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 357Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 291mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 1gSugar: 28gProtein: 6g
The nutritional information provided here are estimates and are not calculated by a registered dietitian.