Looking for easy and quick chocolate desserts? This is a classic eggless mini chocolate cake recipe, for one. As a bonus, this simple dessert is also made without milk or butter! And that’s not all, all you chocolate lovers will appreciate that it cooks in just 2 minutes in the microwave.
❤️What to Love About This Recipe
For a more decadent chocolatey flavor, espresso powder and chocolate chips have been added. The cake uses pantry ingredients and is ready in just a few minutes. Now you can have a moist chocolate cake anytime, no eggs or butter required!
- made without eggs
- made without butter
- Made without milk
- ready in under 10 minutes
- deep chocolate flavor
- moist and light fluffy texture
- perfect size
- satisfies those late-night cravings
✔ Main Ingredients Notes
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder: I used a natural cocoa powder like Hershey’s for this recipe.
- Vegetable Oil: I use corn oil, but you can also use olive oil.
- Vinegar: Use a standard distilled vinegar with 5% acidity. Apple cider vinegar can be substituted.
- Leavening: This recipe uses 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder or 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda. Make sure the powder is fresh; otherwise, the cake might not rise.
- Chocolate Chips: The mini chips are optional but really add to the flavor.
✎ How to Make The Recipe
(Note: please see the recipe card at the bottom of the post for the complete written instructions.)
Step One: In a medium bowl, mix the all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, espresso powder, and a dash of salt.
Step Two: Make a small indentation in the dry ingredients and add the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and 2 teaspoons vegetable oil.
Step Three: Mix the vinegar and water in a small glass and pour into the dry mix. Use a whisk or fork and mix the ingredients together until smooth.
Step Four: Fold in the chocolate chips (optional)
Step Five: Pour the cake batter into a 10-ounce baking ramekin or a microwave-safe cake pan or large mug.
Step Six: Microwave on high for 90 seconds to 2 minutes, depending on the wattage of your microwave.
Serve with frosting topped with homemade whipped cream. Keep it dairy-free and serve it with fresh sliced fruit.
- For the best results use fresh cocoa powder and baking powder for a perfectly fluffy cake.
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream.
Helpful Tools For This Recipe
- 10-ounce microwave-safe ramekin
- Small whisk
More dessert recipes made without eggs
Single Serving Eggless Chocolate Cake
- 5 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips optional
- In a medium bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- Make a small well in the center of dry ingredients and add the vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
- Add the vinegar and water .Use a small whisk or fork to mix until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into a 10 ounces microwave safe ramekin.
- Depending on your microwave wattage, microwave between 1 minute 30 seconds and 2 minutes.
- Once you’ve combined the wet and dry ingredients, mix until just combined. Overmixing can develop gluten in the flour, resulting in a dense and tough cake.
- Eggless cakes may require slightly longer baking times compared to traditional cakes. Start checking for doneness a few minutes before the recommended baking time and continue baking until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs.